Fit & Simple Pancakes
Healthy food should not be boring. You can eat stuff you like with a little twist to make it fit your lifestyle.
When you are thinking of breakfast, you can come up with eggs, cereal, fruit, yogurt, and more. Why not combine them all into 1 and have a super tasty pancake recipe.
High volume (a lot of food with fewer calories)
Here is the simple recipe:
3eggs, 50-60g Oat flour (just blend your oatmeal in a blender), 25ml almond milk, 1 medium apple,50g 0% fat Greek yogurt, a teaspoon of cocoa powder, a pinch of baking powder.
1) Separate the whites from yolks. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until they become firm to the point where you can turn the bowl upside down.
2) Once the whites are beaten, add the rest of the ingredients one by one while whisking everything together. Make sure you either cut the apple into small pieces or grate it.
3)Add oil (I use coconut, you can use non-stick spray too) to a frying pan. Heat the pan at medium to high heat for about 45s to a minute, until very hot.
4) Add your pancake mix to the pan creating the best size of pancake for you.
5) Add any topping you might like on top to add flavor and complete the meal. I added banana and yogurt with honey for a bit of sweetness.
6) Enjoy and share this recipe with friends who like pancakes but want to stay fit and healthy.